As we roll out new features on the platform, we'll highlight any changes below, pointing to the relevant knowledge base pages for more information. We list some of things in the pipeline here.
- Certificate dependencies: Some certificates are only valid whilst prerequisites remain valid. This new feature checks the validity of a certificate against a defined set of other certificates. If one or more of the dependencies is no longer met, the certificate can be suspended and information will be available indicating the reason.
- Organisation capability search: Visitors can search for potential suppliers of a product or service, and results will be ordered based on relevant certificates held by the organisation and its associated staff. This will help promote value-adding certification schemes and reward those organisations that invest in accreditation and staff training.
- Reinstating blockchain functionality.
- Revamped personal dashboard with personal settings, email addresses, and account security all now reached via one button. Personal analytics button ready for insights about your own profile and certificates along similar lines to that available for organisations. New ‘Interact’ button in place for some exciting features that will be rolled out soon.
- Additonal filters on the Issued Certificates page allow results to be based on the accredited entity (organisation, individual or thing), whether the certificate's visibility is public or private, the ownership and verified status of the organisation, and the email status from when the certificate was sent. Certificates wit name-mismatches can also be filtered.
- Improved organisation analytics now shows the key metrics in each section based on selectable time filters of month to date, last month, year to date, last year, and total.
Our ref: PR-988
- Searching issued certificates now includes the email address that the certificates were issued (sent) to.
Our ref: PR-980
- The next Bespoke ID that will be issued is now previewed in the certification scheme settings to help with fine tuning the format.
- A certificate search widget is now available for issuers to add to their website so that visitors can find certificates issued from one or more of their schemes and be directed to the digital certificate page.
- The pdf version (where applicable) of a digital certificate can now be downloaded as an 'Inspection Copy' by the issuer and recipient to share with those requesting a copy. This pdf ‘Inspection Copy’ also forms part of the formal inspection record when a digital certificate is inspected. This fucntionality is an option within the certification scheme settings.
- Self-uploaded certificates now have a clearer ‘View Evidence’ button, displaying the uploaded certificate file as a pdf with the ‘Inspection Copy’ watermark overlaid.
Our ref: PR-974
- Improved analytics for organisations, including headline data about the organisation profile page, product & service cards, received certificates, and issued certificates.
Our ref: PR-937
- Improved certificate inspection records, including tabulation of inspections by you and inspections of your certificates by others.
Our ref: PR-907
- Certificate schemes now have category tags to improve classification and searching.
- Improvements to the self-uploaded certificate page to help find schemes based on name and category, as well as only showing those relevant to the role of the user (i.e. displaying certification scheme options suitable for an individual or organisation).
Our ref: PR-875
- Date range search filter added for issued certificates which in turn improves the selection of data that can be downloaded.
- Improved options for requesting help or reporting an issue via the link in the footer.
Our ref: PR-856
- Improved layout of settings and associated instructions for smart badges.
- Added the ability to search your issued certificates based on the name of the (non-service account) issuer within your organisation.
- Added more choice for the auto-logout time: 1 hour, 10 hours, 1 day, 1 month, or never. 1 month is now the default setting.
- Included the custom fields and any suspended fields in the record of a certificate inspection.
Our ref: PR-827
- Added revised image placeholders for creating docx certificate templates.
- Improved the caching of pdf certificates so that once created they are quicker to view if there have been no changes since.
- Enabled the sorting of template schemes by creation date.
Our ref: PR-783
- Improved audit trail records for individuals and those acting on behalf of an organisation.
- More functionality on the table and card views of certificate schemes making it easier for those with lots of schemes to manage.
- Introduced a preview of a bespoke ID in the set format in pdf certificate templates.
- Improved default labels for certified things (for supply chain tracking, change of custody and viewing certificates).
Our ref: PR-767 & P32
- Time zone support for certificate schemes, enabling issue, start and expiry times to be set based on your scheme location rather than being fixed by our London-based server timezone. London (GMT / BST) will remain the default setting.
- Improved certificate editing options to cope with newly added and suspended custom fields in relation to when the certificate was issued.
- Improved API activity table for organisation accounts, allowing column ordering.
Our ref: PR-746 & P27
- Improved image placeholders in docx certificate templates for pdf certificates, allowing them to be stretched vertically or horizontally rather than being restricted to being a square. The replaced images retain their original aspect ratio but will fill the space defined by the placeholder, improving the rendering of rectangular images, logos, etc.
Our ref: PR-P25
- Added links to what's new (this page) and coming soon to the footer of the platform so users can quickly refer to these pages.
- The ‘select an account’ dashboard buttons now support organisation logos optimised for the default black background setting used on the organisation profile pages.
- Added improved error reports for issues relating to pdf certificate generation processed via an API request.
Our ref: PR-724
- Added a facility to download up to 250 issued certificate search results as a csv format for off-platform analysis.
- Organisation profile pages can now show relevant certification schemes that associated staff (users) are accredited to, showcasing personal training and attainment within an organisation.
- Organisation profile pages can now show product / service cards to help market what an organisation does alongside its accreditations.
- Searching issued, received and inspected certificates now supports accents, umlauts, etc.
- Incorporated links to this knowledge base.
- Added organisation contact details in organisation settings for forwarding customer enquiries and billing.
- Smart badges on websites and in email signatures now stay visible and link to a replacement / successor certificate issued to the same entity from the same scheme. This means if the renewal process involves issuing a new certificate rather than renewing (extending) an existing certificate, the smart badge code does not need replacing. This feature also works retrospectively for website embedded smart badges, but not for existing email embedded smart badges, so their code will need updating.
- Added ‘View as yourself / view as visitor’ options to personal profile pages and certification scheme pages. This feature was already available on organisation profile pages and was presented in a different way on the personal profile pages.
Our ref: PR-703
- Added links to reach a user's profile page from the organisation accounts list, enabling staff's personal profiles to be easily viewed.
Our ref: PR-619
- Added the ability to filter for the ‘imminent expiry’ of certificates on the issued, received, inspected and self-presented certificate tables.
Our ref: PR-596
- Added an ‘imminent expiry’ warning icon to the issued, received and inspected certificate tables.
- Added a new optional field in certification schemes for scheme owners to provide a weblink to their external information page.
Our ref: PR-590
- Added background transparency option for smart badges for embedding in websites and email footers
Our ref: PR-576
- Improved the management of service accounts for API automation. Included highlighting their permissions in the certification scheme overview and providing a warning about editing a scheme if it is likely to be in use by a service account, as this could introduce errors.
Our ref: PR-568
- Added the ability to delete ‘Test/Demo’ certificates.
- Added coloured email status icons to the issued certificates table to indicate if it has been sent, received, opened or rejected/bounced.
Our ref: PR-565
- Improved the interface for self-uploading legacy certificates with more information about the available schemes and who manages them.
Our ref: PR-562
- Added an icon to indicate if an organisation has a registered owner on the platform. This is visible both on the organisation profile page and the issued certifcates table.
Our ref: PR-545
- Added some certificate insights for certification scheme owners showing:
- the percentage of their issued certificate smart badges that have been embedded on websites and emails.
- the number of views by date of their issued certificates, inspected certifcates, website embedded smart badges and email embedded smart badges.
- the number of issued certificates by date for each of their certification schemes.
Our ref: PR-516
- Added password reset facility in account settings, rather than only being able to this from the login page.
Our ref: PR-513
Earlier updates, prior to 2023, are not publically documented.